Our 2021 annual report is now online! As stated by EMBRC Executive Director Nicolas Pade, 'Despite the ongoing COVID epidemic, we made strides in improving our research infrastructure (RI), developing services, and thoroughly moving into our operational phase'.
- the launch of the European Marine Omics Biodiversity Observation Network (EMO BON)
- success in joining three United Nations (UN) Decade of the Ocean Programmes: Marine Life 2030, Ocean Biomolecular Observing Network (OBON), and Marine Practices
- launch of a biological observation working group (BIOWG) in EuroGOOS
- completion of our best practice guidelines for Access and Benefit- Sharing (ABS)
- a new memorandum of understanding (MoU) with European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
- preparation for the arrival of EMBRC’s 10th member country: Sweden (joined early 2022)
- a first joint call with EuroMarine, leading to many interesting research projects conducted by early-career researchers throughout the year
And much more!