Come join us for a virtual event not to be missed! The EBB Workshop on Reproductive Biotechnology and Cryobanking in Aquatic Species will take place from April 7th to 9th, 2021.
Register here by April 2nd!
The Workshop is aimed towards young and professional researchers, as well as industry representatives. The focus will be on techniques for germline cryobanking, integrating aspects of different areas of expertise. In particular, topics will include:
- Cryopreservation techniques
- Cell and tissue cryopreservation
- Biobanking for genetic resources
- Freezing methods (interactive videos)
- Cryopreservation of Algae, molluscs, echinoderms, and corals
- Cryobanking in freshwater and marine fish
- Cryopreservation on model fish species
- Gamete cryopreservation in aquatic mammals, sharks & rays
- Emerging biotechnology for freezing and thawing (interactive videos)
- Testimonials from private companies
- Sperm extraction and analysis in marine invertebrates and fish
- Germcell cryobanking in marine vertebrates
- Visit to Zebrario: maintenance of model fish species
The Workshop will highlight the most recent developments in each topic, promoting a strong interaction between the attendees and the experienced researchers and private companies working in different techniques for germline cryobanking.
This year, the 4th edition will take place online, via Zoom, between 7-9 April 2021. The last day will consist of practical sessions that will take place at the facilities of the University of Algarve. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, priority will be given to local students and sessions will be limited to 20 participants. The selected participants for the practical sessions will be contacted by the organising committee by email.
Image credits: Estefania Paredes Rosendo, Centro de Investigación Mariña – Universidade de Vigo