Context: the H2020-INFRADEV-4 project CORBEL (Coordinated Research Infrastructures Building Enduring Life-science services), running since September 2016, aims to establish a collaborative framework of shared services between the ESFRI Biological and Medical Research Infrastructures. CORBEL will build on existing efforts to develop the tools, services and data management required by cutting-edge European research projects.
Within WP4 of CORBEL, the EMBRC (European Marine Biological Resource Centre) is coordinating the “Use Case ”Marine Metazoan Developmental Models for BioMedical research – from predictive integrated databases to functional testing” (Use Case 4). This Use Case is developing pipelines to establish harmonised databases integrating genomic, transcriptomic and morphological data for selected marine metazoan developmental model species. This activity involves researchers at five EMBRC marine station sites in Scotland, Italy and France, interacting closely with other members of European Research Infrastructures, notably ELIXIR and Eurobioimaging .
Use Case 4 will be coordinated at the Villefranche-sur-mer Developmental Biology Laboratory (France), and we are seeking a part time project officer (M/F) to coordinate its progress.
The LDBV is a CNRS/ Université Pierre & Marie Curie joint research laboratory grouping 7 scientific teams exploiting marine organisms for research in Cell and Developmental biology, Genomics and Evolution.
- Coordinate and monitor scientific work of use case 4 within WP4 of CORBEL
- Liaise with project coordinators and other stakeholders on progress of all projects and initiatives, and ensure that all contract terms are met.
- Manage the relationship with partners, communication, organization of meetings, etc.
- Support the Project Coordinator and partners in the production of deliverables.
- Assure the day-to-day administration including scheduling project meetings, writing minutes and agendas and circulating reference materials for preparation of meetings.
- Under supervision of the LBDV Administrator, assure the financial management of the Use Case 4, including budgeting, ordering and travel expenses.
- Work with CNRS DR20 to ensure the timely preparation and submission of project financial reports and supporting documentation.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent written and spoken English. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
- Strong organisational ability.
- Masters degree or higher in a relevant discipline in life sciences.
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Highly motivated, team oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of EU funded programs/projects
- Knowledge of institutional and financial procedures, particularly in the European Community,
- Experience in the fields of Bioinformatics, Developmental Biology and/or Marine organisms.
Start date: as soon as possible; Deadline for application: until position is filled.
Activity rate: 50%; Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable. Funding available for 3 years.
Take-home salary on the CNRS “Ingénieure d'Étude“ pay-scale: 800-900€ per month, depending on experience.
Enquires to Evelyn Houliston : firstname.lastname@example.org