EMBRC Project Management Officer
The Project Management Officer will contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the EMBRC Secretariat services and support the planning and implementation of the activities connected with the development of EMBRC-ERIC.
Full time, two-year contract of employment. This contract may be renewed once subject to funding and requirements.
EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris 6
Brief Description of the EMBRC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems.
The EMBRC is centrally managed by the EMBRC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu.
The EMBRC Business Plan (v1.0) is available at: http://bit.ly/1XT2o9S
Further information are available on the EMBRC website: http://www.embrc.eu
Job Mission and Objectives
EMBRC is looking for a motivated and proficient Project Management Officer to strengthen its Secretariat services. Reporting directly to the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, the EMBRC Project Management Officer will be a core element of the EMBRC secretariat, with a mission to ensure efficient and effective operability of the Secretariat and support the planning and implementation of the services connected with the development of EMBRC-ERIC. The position is based in Paris, Université P. et M. Curie, 4 Place de Jussieu. The working language is English; knowledge of French and other languages of the EU will be advantageous.
- In a largely independent fashion, and in relation with the EMBRC partners, the EMBRC Project Management Officer will create the administrative tools to ensure efficient and effective operability of the Secretariat services, such as shared information repositories, calendar updates, activity charts, progress reports and public procurement routines;
- In an independent fashion, the EMBRC Project Management Officer will take responsibility for the secretariat needs of relevant meetings, including minute-taking, revision of documents with the contribution of multiple parties, and archival and distribution of information;
- In close interaction with the Executive Director, s/he will contribute to the extensive reporting activity towards the EMBRC Implementation Board (EIB);
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, s/he will research, analyse organise and report on information, of both scientific and administrative nature, especially in relation to the EMBRC development activities;
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, s/he will design and implement the initial EMBRC communication plan, with the establishment of EMBRC communication routines, including gathering of information from the community and distributing information through the appropriate social media channels (EMBRC Website, Facebook and LinkedIN channels), also with the use of monitoring tools;
- Fulfilment of administrative requirements and other appropriate activities as requested by the Executive Director;
Essential Skills and Competences
- Proven experience of project management;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Highly proficient reporting skills, including production of analytical and prospective summaries from scientific and administrative documentation;
- Ability to produce high-quality documents, including text and graphics, using a full suite of software tools;
- Ability to take minutes of conversations in complex, dynamic environments;
- Experience of public procurement for external services;
- Excellent organizational skills (anticipating deadlines, defining priorities) of own work, also in relation to the work of others;
- Numerical and budgeting skills;
- Minimum qualification: University degree with a background in science, business, communication or equivalent.
Desirable Skills and Competences
- Social media management skills;
- Desktop publishing skills and/or design awareness;
- Some knowledge of marine sciences and environmental issues;
- Command of French language and other EU languages.
Special Personal Attributes Required for the Position
- The EMBRC Project Management Officer is an accountable and responsive person, with a natural disposition towards a dynamic environment where priorities can change rapidly and responsibilities may stretch, on occasion, to cover different roles;
- The EMBRC Project Management Officer has international experience and is used to work in a multi-cultural environment, with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
- The EMBRC Project Management Officer is amenable to work outside normal hours and willing to travel, in Europe and outside of Europe.
A competitive package of salary and benefits will be offered, based on experience and competences.
2-year contract with 6-month probation and possibility of renewal;
Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines;
National and international travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with project partners, stakeholders, etc.
Prepare your application as one single PDF document containing:
- A copy of your CV;
- The name of three references; and:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in this position and how you could contribute.
Enclose this document in an email message, with subject: “EMBRC Project Management Officer”; addressed to: <email@example.com>.
Applications will be accepted until the 30th of June.
Interviews will be held in the period 01-22 July.
The position will start on September 1st, 2016.